8/2/11

Laugh with Me

Lately I've been laughing like I used to....
'like before I forgot a little bit of everything,
Before I thought I nose dove down.
Before it all came with an ache. 

Understand how that feels, that I mean? - It's laughing at a sweet 'western man's humble jokes -
without narration.



Hmm, guess that's^ the best way I can explain it. 
Best way that I can say things are beginning to change all around. 
And it might be good. 
It might (eventually) be really, really good. 


And it doesn't matter how many sandwiches I throw in the blender, it's still a great mess.
It's a heaping mess I'd rather play in - 
pile up into a heap
of beautiful warm and darkened leaves -  
and leap into - in my tiny Victorian boots and green peacoat 
as a little girl - 
I'd rather have so much more. 

....That^ matters. 


It matters that we're OK.
It matters that a great creation has been made.
A great time has met its reunion.
A great movement has met its downhill. 

And great things I've already lived. 


We don't get many days, so few chances to.... - and me, (sigh) well I get just a portion of good days/months at a time. 
So laugh with me. 
Spend a night with me, staring at the city lights at the top of a parking garage.
Skinny dip, fool around in the woods, drive for hours, strum the guitar you don't know how to play, take the drink offered, wade into the lake, go for ice cream on a hot sunday, dance with a stranger to the live sounds, sit on the porch and stare at the stars, actually call people, sink into the sand, on the beach........try it all again. 
Pretend you're sitting on the old porch step on the farm. 

Watch the storm and mock the rain pounding down from the purple clouds. 
It'll be snow soon. 

It'll be alright soon. 
And I could use the company.




No comments:

Post a Comment