9/26/19

Happy by the sea



I lay down
And I - think of you 
Like the tides on the waves of the sea 
I want you.
Lost like the wind with a calm smile.
As’if the fog of the fall, off the horizon -
Is smoothing everythin’ and I’m away.
So I think it all through...
Again wrapped up in you, 
or racing to the shore, or laughing with the music in the crowd.
It’s the sunrise along the pier kinda view, 
When its me and you. 

Easier still with every trip around 
the Highway -
I’d drive it every week if I could - meet you at every beach - 
Hold on to our summer a little while longer. 
Get back in your truck goin nowhere - It’s a happy place to be, 
Sitting free. 
Cause you’re always there - sayin’ sweet things to me.
With the sand and the smoke and the fishin’ ways.

Now I’m just countin’ down the days,
Listenin for the road-
To find me back at our place, our smiles in the dark, our easy late mornings 
- and Viking stories in between. 
Craving nothing but us, like the coming crisp -
Let the seasons wash over us 
And I’ll be here.



. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment