3/25/09

Sleeping*

I'm falling asleep like its waking up; like its the dreams I'm rushing to. I'm going to bed with it all, making up stories in my eyelids that were never ever there.
Forgetting all at once, something not yet made to exist. Beginning suddenly, like the first two words...and then...stop p i n g. It's unfound, so unbound, when my sore stomach aches and hunched back hurts. 

---------You begin the prose already written-compose nothing fresh-telling yourself the same tired tales already told. Weren't you there anyhow? ....but ah, the difference. The difference is there's lies on top the lines that you made. And they feel so much warmer, and you begin to forget you made up what was never ever there.
I'm not quite anywhere. 


       So Lie to me a little. Lie like the words of the song you drink, when it lurches within the spot beneath the collarbone, and you feel every sense of every note. 
Lie to me a little. For brand new Lies that I can tell myself. I need Lies to create-I'm an Artist. 
                                                                                 -------------------------------------------------------



My fair City seems detached somehow, so I can lose my point tonight. (Funny that when I get the news I'm staying a bit longer, the place looks a bit boring. It leaves my grip.)
Blame it on the sighs everyone is making, as we sit within our piles. Our preparations that make us leave in the morning. Our STUFF. 

          "that's what happens when we lose our poise-we search for a fixed point way off in the distance; in the vague hope that'll keep us from drowning..." ~first you have to row a little boat 

 So I search all the calendars for what's to come in the coming days. The springtime and the flowers that are just barely breaking through. We're just barely making it through.



And suddenly there's everything to come! Dwell in all the dreams of what the nights could hold, cause I still believe in certain nights. I still believe in something good, it's a damning little critter digging into the spot on my neck beneath my curls. The place I'll tattoo. Mark forever on where I felt the words that never existed...


Sleep is waiting; but I'd rather make it a nightmare. I'd rather scar my rest with inspirations. 
I'd rather rush to keep you.    Where do you sleep?




Daily headphones: unknown

weekend events: 
-Fri-Sun "Songs for a New World" at TU, call ahead for free voucher ticket(s)
-Sat 3.28 The Everlove, Dialogue, Fairgreen, Halfway to the Moon, and Dropout Year at St Johns Hamilton 
-Fri 3.27 Towson University's Relay for Life!, Burdick Gym
-Sat 3.28 Loyola University's Relay for Life! ...............................support the ACS!


No comments:

Post a Comment