2/22/20

What about Forever

So many times with you I’ve wanted to jump. So many times I’ve walked up to that big oak Church door - and paused happily -
I’ve knocked and heard the silence. 
I’ve run and heard the music, of us. 

When you talk of forever - 
Hasn’t that always been me for you babe? 
Haven’t we danced around the (text) messages - and kept promises of friendship - 
All to keep the years together? 
Maybe I just put it all together. 

I know I’m quick to decide while you take it lovingly slow - 
I know I rush you - and you baffle me. 
I know your words before you say them - 
And I know your tune even in memory. 
So take another slow dance with me and skip another heartbeat. When I tell you how they said forever - let’s think before we leave. 


Then we’ll tell another story - ask so many questions, and start the day 
“Like we were then” again. 
I’ll keep every kiss, love every change, and wake every morning - 
Knowing we chose right. 





. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment