1/19/18

Bluebeard

I'm living proof you can kill the monster.

Truly & fully with the absolute force he did show. Because what the fairy tales don't tell you is you don't even need violence - just lock him up in apathy and forget - and he'll whimper and whither in that destructive cold. Ah, that's right because the poison of it all - the poison he bestowed so slowly, so carefully, so dangerously - was already plenty enough to eat himself up entirely.

Why you're the princess with everything now sweet dear. Couldn't you see that all along?



By the hidden moon I poured a great gulp back out.. looked up at all the stars, at the beautiful life that I swear was dreamed up, so long before I even knew it could be had, in some cosmic hideaway with my ancestral name quietly upon it. Such a prayer that was. All in some long night wander it would begin...
Now the days long after go on, and they're starting now to evolve and the happy aging has begun, and I forget my own story sometimes. I forget the leap was ever destructive, was ever anything at all... because after the numb grew a joy I may never replicate. And out of the joy became a life. It all rolls like heavy waves across the night tonight -- now the brightest stars I ever did speak to in prayer because they listened finally.

Get ready. For all the incredible, yet to be known, sparkling future of great work and storytelling... all ahead (am I ready?), on it goes anyhow. Another call, another date with this city. I've got the world we believe in still rich in these veins like Baltimore alleyways where we made promises of what adulthood was.

I'm the woman again that I loved before. In childhood days waiting by the sea, in college ages of study then fury, and in sweet, now. 







.  .  .


No comments:

Post a Comment