9/4/08

Blog Ambitions***

 I once wrote a paper around the thesis that the 50s/60s generation had parallels to the Millennium. It proved more successful than the following 7pg one spent tearing apart beatnik exile William Burrough's Naked Lunch (don't let the title lure you...it's traumatizing, not in a good way).
This summer, I finally started reading Jack Keroac's On the Road, and for much of it, it was like a sweet tooth addiction. 
I made nostalgic references to the bitter fall of hitch-hiking to confused/amused faces at parties, and formed flimsy plans to visit friends on tours. 
In the end, I wound up racing most Friday afternoons down 702, to stay the weekend on my parents sailboat - that was my Route.


So, I'll to bring out the beatnik in Baltimore, the rolling arts and entertainment, and the small thoughts, (before finally studying abroad). It might be a bumpy ride. It might be a 120-mile an hour hung-over blur, or a sleepy afternoon class morning spent indoors. It might be an intriguing set of the random, or a Monday-morning story. 
Or it might be virtually pointless and chaotic. 

There's always certain oppurtunities to consume the cash, the late hours, the tall pints, and the studious days. There's stories to tell. 
And all the while Baltimore is shuffling it's dirty soles against the city slabs and the suburban reservoirs. 
Want to dig it?




((And with my very first online blog/journal/diary/article, I'll try to organize a certain chaos of "beat", like a certain way of morphing creative writing penmanship into blogging. 
It might just fit.
...and along the way - cut, share, divert, connect, and virtually link to the kids around town studying/working to be artists. (Thinking of throwing in some of my own work too).))


Daily headphones: Tune the blue, try jazz? Melody Gardot's "Goodnight" and "Worrisome Heart" show a sweetheart, pop-like turn to the genre worth sampling
....maybe jazz will be on limewire one day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment